CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

First Lesson=Definitely Not My Best

Well, I just finished teaching my first lesson to a class of freshmen. To be completely honest, I feel as though I fell flat on my face. I'm disappointed in myself for not creating a more engaging lesson plan. I was pretty proud of the lesson on paper, but in practice, it just didn't work out. The problem was the students already knew all of the information I was presenting. It ended up being a review for them, but I don't even feel a review was necessary. Since they already knew the information, the lesson went way faster than I had anticipated. Thank goodness my cooperating teacher had something available for them to work on. Not that I didn't have a back up plan. I could have continued with the unit, but then my classes would all end up in different places.

The only positive I'm finding in my lesson is that I remembered to give the students the rationale for the lesson. So hopefully even if the information wasn't new, they understand the importance of why we were going over it.

I'm eager to be able to discuss the lesson with my cooperating teacher. It will be interesting to see what she thought about the lesson. Maybe I'm being too hard on myself. Maybe not. We'll see...

No comments:

Post a Comment