CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 14, 2011

First Observation Today!

Today is my first formal observation with my supervisor. I'm honestly not as nervous as I thought I'd be. After a week in the classroom with my freshmen classes, I'm feeling pretty confident. However, I know the day is going to drag on until she arrives at 1:45 this afternoon.

The plan for the day is paraphrasing vs. summarizing. In order to define the two, we are going to do some brainstorming on each one. I found a quote in my planner today that sums up the lesson. "The best way to have a good idea is to have lots of ideas." -Linus Pauling. It also speaks to my teaching philosophy...learning by doing or exploring. I don't want to simply give my students the answer...I want them to discover it on their own.

I want to wish my friend Brittany good luck as she also has a formal observation today. I know she is going to do great!

I also want to wish everyone a Happy Valentine's Day! The hubby and I are going to use the grill we received as a wedding gift for the first time tonight and grill bratwursts. It should be a great dinner as the weather has been beautiful the past couple of days. It's supposed to be almost 70 on Thursday! Early spring?! Yes, please!

1 comment: