CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 5, 2011

About to dive in...

It's been awhile since I've updated, but there hasn't really been anything new to write about. I've been spending my time in the classroom preparing for when I take over classes...which is this week! I'm very grateful for the free time I've had while I've been observing to prepare for this time. Rather than plan day-to-day, I've been able to get a big jump start on things and get ahead. I'm planned through the month of March for the most part. I hope that I've planned engaging activities for the kiddos that will get them thinking and questioning!

When I take over the freshmen classes this week, I want to get to know them a little bit better before we just dive into things. So, I decided to search out a getting to know you activity. I came across this awesome idea called six word memoirs. Ernest Hemingway was asked to write one. His response? "For sale: baby shoes, never worn." The trick is to choose your words wisely as you are only allowed six...it's a great activity for working on word choice! Plus, the responses really make you think and wonder. I'm having my students also accompany their memoir with a collage of drawings/photos to add to their message.

I've been thinking of what I will have mine be as an example for them...It's so hard to sum up your entire life into six words. Here are a few ideas...

Still learning to live life full
Dreams not yet discovered, hiding somewhere
I found me, not the rest
Learning is love, teaching is sharing

Some of those are kind of personal that I probably won't share with my students. I'll have to keep working on it. However, here is a video with more examples. They're fun to read!

No comments:

Post a Comment