CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 3, 2011

First Day Jitters

Tomorrow is the last day of winter vacation. If I didn't say I was a little bummed, I'd be lying. Who doesn't love winter vacation? And with no indication of a snow day in the near future, it looks like Wednesday will be my first day as a student teacher. Again, if I didn't say I had a few first day jitters, I'd be lying. But it's totally normal to have those jitters starting something new, right?

Alright, to catch you up a little, I am a senior studying secondary education with a language arts endorsement. Wednesday begins my 12-weeks journey as a student teacher. I will be with a 7th grade reading and writing teacher and a 9th/11th grade literature teacher. I've never worked with middle school aged students before, so that will be new and interesting. The literature gig should be pretty new to me, also. All of my practicums leading up to this point have been in journalism classes.

May 6th marks the day I've been waiting four long years for...graduation! Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for the student teaching adventures ahead, but what college student doesn't dream of the day they get to walk across that stage and receive their diploma?

This blog will follow my struggles and celebrations as a student teacher. I will also throw in a few posts about being a photography-loving, coupon-crazed newlywed. Before I go, here is a great video to watch. It's very eye-opening, and I plan to keep it in mind while creating lessons for my students this semester. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Ains: I have followed the blog that is your life from the very first moment; I have so very much enjoyed watching you as a baby, a toddler, a gangly little girl, a poised and pleasing young lady, and now a mature lovely woman who is beginning a journey that will have many twists and turns and many wonderful experiences for you. I am going to enjoy this part of your life!! I am so very proud of you! I love you beyond measure! Granny V

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing to me you will be graduating college in just 6 months. I remember the first day in class when you said your per peeve was people thinking yearbook was an easy class and I thought. Well I have found me editor. Love the blog idea. Can't wait to read about your adventure. This is my second year with middle schoolers and they are unique. Miss ya. Fey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to believe that we're already on our way to student teaching & soon graduation! It's going to be an awesome adventure & I'm so glad that we will be able to share it through these blogs! You are going to do a fantastic job & I just know the kids are going to love you! See you tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you on your first day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll have a great semester. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete