CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 21, 2011

First Full Week Done

The clock is slowly ticking closer and closer to 3:30 when that long desired bell will finally ring. In just a few minutes, I will be finished with my first full week of student teaching. However, I shouldn't really call it student teaching yet. It's more like student observing at this point in time. I help out in the classroom here and there, but ultimately, the lessons are still taught by my cooperating teacher. Many of my friends have already started teaching half or even full days at their placements, and I have to admit, at first I was a bit jealous. I wanted to be teaching, too. My cooperating teacher and I decided to follow the university's recommended schedule, however. Which means, on February 7, I will begin teaching half the day and on March 14, I will begin teaching the full day.

I've come to realize though, that I'm quite lucky. Rather than being overwhelmed and scrambling to get lessons planned, I'm being eased into this process. I've had many opportunities to search out lesson ideas. I've also been given extra time to finish reading the literature for the semester. When it finally comes my time to teach, I will have no reason not be thoroughly prepared. Plus, I'm learning a little patience.

After school, I'm making the short voyage to my hometown to hit HyVee's 8-hour sale. They have SmartOnes on sale 6 for $10. They are my choice teacher lunch, so I gotta stock up! Also, I will be having dinner with my parents. It's always a joy to go home. Despite being an adult and having my own house, going to visit my parents is what always truly feels like "going home."

No comments:

Post a Comment