CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tomorrow's the Big Day!

So this is it. Tomorrow is officially my first day! Today was supposed to be, but my cooperating teacher decided to spare me the boredom of an in-service day and suggested I wait and come tomorrow. Nevertheless, we had our student teaching orientation tonight at the university. It was great to see all of my classmates again. And to also know we're all in the same boat. The orientation was a little information overload. There were so many things being thrown at us, but I suppose all of the info is important info.

On another note, a great tragedy occurred today. There was a shooting at one of the local high schools. I ask that everyone keep the students, faculty, and families of Millard South High School in your thoughts and prayers. It is such a terrible thing to happen. I never understand the senselessness of acts like these...I'm not sure anyone does...

Finally, I'd like to set a few goals for my student teaching experience.
  • Only take on what I can handle...I struggle at being a people pleaser and always saying 'yes' to everything. Although I want to help out as much as possible, I want to practice saying 'no' when I need to also.
  • Maintain a positive attitude no matter how tough things get...this isn't supposed to be easy. If it was easy there wouldn't be a point in having student teachers.
  • Consistently reflect on my teaching and experiences...one only improves when one identifies strengths and weaknesses.
With that, I leave you with one of my favorite photos I took this fall. It was taken at Vala's Pumpkin Patch.

1 comment:

  1. Ainslee,
    Those are excellent goals to have for the semester! Organization is going to definitely be key for all of us! It was good to see you today & I'm glad we're in the same advising group! It will be nice to get together & catch up from time to time. I hope you have an excellent day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete