CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A First Day to Remember

Today was a memorable first day. But probably not for the reasons you're thinking. I. Hit. A. Deer. That's right. On my way to school bright and early with my new lunch bag and my teacher bag all packed, Bambi comes out of nowhere and rams right into the side of the car. Tyler's car. I was pretty shaken up. It hit hard. Nevertheless, after waiting on a sheriff to file a report and a tow truck to come get me, I was back on my way to school.

The first day was pretty much as I expected it to be. It was a lot of sitting and observing...which I'm not a big fan of. I'm so ready to actually teach and make the day go by faster! However, I know it's necessary to observe for a little while at least. My cooperating teacher is great. It seems as though she's pretty flexible and willing to accommodate to my wants in the classroom. I think we'll make a great team.

My cooperating teacher also asked if I had a laptop...which I don't. But she thinks it would be helpful to have one. She's going to see if I can check one out from the school, but this really has me eyeballing one of those wonderful MacBooks I've been wanting :) We'll see how that ends up.

Well, I'm actually pretty worn out, so I'm going to leave it short and sweet tonight.

But first, a couple photos of the damage from the deer...ugh.





3 comments:

  1. Glad you came out better than the deer Mrs. Kroenke. And you would absolutey LOVE a Mac!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. I'm glad you're okay & were still able to make it! How scary though! I hope you can find some time to relax this weekend! It has been a long, 2 day week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's crazy Ainslee! I'm glad you're ok. I have a Macbook Pro and love it. You should get one! It's worth the investment. In my opinion, you will want to have your own computer to work with this semester. That way, you will also have digital files of all your hard work when you're finished!

    ReplyDelete